Your wedding chapel may be a space built especially for holding wedding ceremonies, or it might be a small church building. Chapels are often charming spaces for intimate weddings, and there are many ways to decorate and personalize them that allow you and your intended to express yourselves and have the wedding of your dreams.
Decor for a rustic or country themed wedding makes use of clear jars, wood and twine. Couples often choose to have rustic receptions in a barn or outdoors. There are several ways to incorporate a rustic theme into a wedding chapel ceremony.
- Hang jars on the ends of each pew or every other pew to decorate the path down the aisle. Fill jars with brightly colored fresh flowers with a wild flower look, and tie colored ribbons around the rims. You can also use dried flowers in pretty cream and pink tones.
- Use twine to create rough heart shapes or other circles. You can decorate these with a ribbon or a few flowers. Use these to hang on walls, the backs of chairs or to decorate a table.
- Use disc-shaped cuts from tree trunks to create candle holders or a display for flowers in jars. Freshly cut, these decorations will also smell wonderful.
Roses and lace are the basics of a romantic wedding. Give your chapel a romantic feeling with some simple decor.
- Attach a long strand of lace or tulle fabric to the sides of the pews on either side of the aisle. Top with a satin ribbon.
- Place a white runner along the aisle and fill it with rose petals in reds, pinks and whites.
- Put your unity candle, guest book, and other items on a bed of baby's breath.
An evening wedding is usually an elegant affair. Guests may be dressed in formal attire, and the guest list is often adults only. When decorating your chapel for an evening wedding, keep light as the focus.
- A row of lit candles in jars lining the aisle can make the bride look as if she's walking on air. Use a variety of candles in jars of different shapes to decorate a tabletop and create light.
- String strands of white lights across a traditional vaulted ceiling or along the front of the alter.
- Add a touch of sparkle to flower arrangements.
Keep in mind that each chapel will have its own rules and guidelines about which decorations are appropriate and how decor can be secured. Be sure to check with the chapel representative before making these decisions.
Your chapel wedding can be unique and special with the perfect decor. For more ideas, look at chapels like Chapel of the Bells.Share